Project Linus of East Tennessee depends on volunteers who make and donate new, handmade, washable blankets and afghans. These blankets, lovingly created by our blanketeers, provide love and a sense of security, warmth, and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need of a hug. You can get blanket guidelines here and find drop off locations here. We also need volunteers to help with deliveries, pick ups, cutting fabric, quilting services, sewing labels on blankets and much more.
Please contact Deb Miller via our contact page if you are interested in volunteering.
Our Wish List:
- Gas Cards,
- Yarn (bright child friendly colors – washable)
- Fabric Please Note: We accept minimum 1/2 yd. pieces of new fabric: 100% cotton or polar fleece. We are unable to accept scraps of fabric or yarn as we do not have the storage capacity.
- We NEED $$: We always welcome financial donations to help with Project Linus expenses including publishing the newsletter and brochures, buying labels for the blankets, and mailing blankets for the TAPS and Snowball Express programs. We’d prefer a gift card (Staples, Target, Walmart, K-Mart, etc.), checks made out to Project Linus or cash.
- You can make an online donation via our Go Fund Me page.
- You can also make an online donation on the National Project Linus website donation page. Be sure and scroll down to the comment box and designate the Project Linus of East TN chapter as the recipient for your donation.
- You can support Project Linus of East Tennessee while shopping at Kroger or Amazon. Learn more here.
You can send your donation directly to:
Project Linus of East Tennessee
Deb Miller, Chapter Coordinator
365 Dean Drive
Ten Mile, TN 37880
Remember Project Linus is a 501c3 Non-Profit Organization. Be sure to check with your tax advisor regarding applicable tax deductions.