April Sewing Day at Twisted Sisters
Saturday, April 15th – 10 AM – 3 PM
Project Linus of East Tennessee returns to Twisted Sisters Quilt Shop at 424 Marilyn Lane Alcoa, TN 3770. Come ready to sew and/or learn more about Project Linus.
• An Open House at Twisted Sisters where you can talk to the Project Linus of East TN coordinator, Deb Miller, and other volunteers to learn more about Project Linus. Examples of Project Linus blankets will be available to help stir your creative juices.
• Come quilt/sew for the day – to ensure a space, please call Twisted Sisters (865-980-0950) or stop by to reserve your space. If you come for the day, you will be given the opportunity to select a quilt kit (precut fabric, batting and backing) to work on and finish the quilt top and maybe the whole quilt that day. You just need to bring your machine, sewing supplies and a selection of thread. Space is limited.
• Come quilt/sew for an hour or two – a few machines will be set up for those of you that want to stop in and make a quilt top or block. All supplies will be provided. This is a first come, first served opportunity.
• Quilt kits will be available for purchase.
• Just want to help but only have an hour or so to spend with us? We will have blankets that need labels sewn on. Bring your thimble!
• Attention Knitters and Crocheters: We haven’t forgotten you. Bring your latest Project Linus projects and join the fun.
• Do you have quilt tops to finish to donate to Project Linus and can’t quilt them? Drop them off and we will get one of our long arm quilters to finish them. Please provide backing and binding if possible.
Do you have Project Linus blankets or fabric (1/2 yard pieces or larger) to donate? You can drop them off. Please put donations in a bag with your name and number of blankets in the bag.
Twisted Sisters is a regular drop off location for Project Linus blankets.
There are places to eat within walking distance and a short drive from the shop.
Contact Deb Miller with questions. 865-719-2862. [email protected]